TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Internet sale of surplus property
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Internet sale of surplus property Login/Join 
posted
My commissioners are interested in using GovDeals, a sort of eBay for government surplus.

I seriously doubt that this was the intent of the legislature when Sec. 263.152 LGC was passed. However - is anyone else using this sort of thing? The statute says "sell by competitive bid or auction" - - think this qualifies?

Thanks, Confused

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, we have done this with good results.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
we use it too. no complaints.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kerr County has used internet auctions for approx. one year wherein there has been significant financial gains versus traditional local auction. We have only recently discussed the firm you are considering.

Posts: 61 | Location: Kerrville, Tx | Registered: June 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lisa,
Did you go ahead with govdeals.com. My county judge handed me their "Sellers Agreement"and asked for my opinion. Did you accept the "Sellers Agreement" as submitted? Is there any negotiation room on these deals? Probably not !

John Hutchison
CA, Hansford, Spearman

Posts: 59 | Location: Spearman, TX, Hansford | Registered: March 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did make some changes in their standard contract, as I recall. Perhaps since I was a skeptic from the first and they knew it.

In fairness, we have used them a couple of times now, and have had excellent results.

If you would like the addendum, e-mail me and I'll send it to you.

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The addendum would be interesting to have.

I tried emailing back to your email address on the post and I get a bounce. I am at:

jlhutch@ptsi.net

Thanks

John

Posts: 59 | Location: Spearman, TX, Hansford | Registered: March 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post