TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Permanent insane asylum in Texas?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Permanent insane asylum in Texas? Login/Join 
posted
I work in a small county. There is a homeless woman in her mid-thirties that keeps appearing here who is severely mentally ill. She frequently walks and lies down in the middle of the road. Law enforcement has dealt with her numerous times and doctors have committed her on several occasions. Recently she was sent back from the State Hospital on a bus to a town in this county. She has no home or known family here, and law enforcement does not know anyone who knows who she is. She is only semi-communicative. She may have lived in this county in her childhood as she knows some of the old time names of the roads.

Does anyone have any ideas as to a more permanent solution for this woman? She is currently in jail on an obstruction of highway charge because a doctor at the hospital refused to commit her again and there was nowhere for her to go. When released from jail or returned from commitment she goes back to walking or laying down on the center stipes of the roads until she is picked up by law enforcement again. I fear if something is not done it is just a matter of time before she is run over and killed.

Posts: 58 | Registered: August 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call me 713 755-3676 (county number), or 713 551-9604 (private voice mail)

There are some options.

Posts: 264 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post