TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    Amending County Road Maps
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amending County Road Maps Login/Join 
posted
I am looking for suggestions about how a county can amend a road map which was adopted under Transportation Code 258. As adopted, the map allegedly depicts a road extending for some distance beyond the point where maintenance has been performed. It has been suggested that it was a scrivener's error and that it could be amended by the Commissioner's Court. I am hesitant to accept that line of reasoning however.

Posts: 5 | Location: Walker County Criminal District Attorney | Registered: March 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One problem with the statute creating those maps is that it was of limited duration and there was not a mechanism specified to alter the maps at need.

Given that all of us are going to have to change the maps in some way over the next century, my thought - at least until the Leg does something - would be to bring it up, provide for a public hearing, and then do a Commissioners Court Order with regard to the change. I would probably make sure that somebody from the affected area attended and spoke at the hearing.

That is the best I can think of to "create" a solution, and it should be providing adequate notice and public input.

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post