TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    County Hospital
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

County Hospital Login/Join 
posted
County has a county hospital. The Commissioners Court appoints the Board who oversees the hospital. The Board is in the process of hiring a nurse practitioner who will also serve as administrator of the hospital (it is a small hospital). The Board wants to have an employment contract with the person who is to be hired as nurse practitioner/administrator. Does anyone have an employment contract that they could share?

Posts: 39 | Location: Haskell, Texas USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shane,
While I do not personally believe a county should be in the hospital business....We have one that we cannot get rid of, and the voters voted down a hosp. district so I feel your pain. I believe I have a CEO contract somewhere if I can find it. One of the Civil gurus who may want to remain nameless in this area was kind enough to help me a few months ago so I will send what I have... post your fax # again and I will get it to you Friday. I don't recall the requirements for a Superintendent under H&S 263 but you might check to see if there is a prohibition against a nurse practitioner holding the position. The main problem we have encountered is convincing those folks who have only worked for private institutions before that county law applies to them even though they are a hospital (open meetings, no bonuses, etc.)
Can you feel the frustration coming through?
Mike Hartman
Scurry County

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain! My fax number is 940-864-5616. Thanks once again for your help.

Shane Hadaway
Haskell County Attorney

Posts: 39 | Location: Haskell, Texas USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fax on the way...let me know you received it!

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got it. Thanks again for your help!