TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Dr. Linda Norton
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Linda Norton Login/Join

posted
I have an injury to a child case here in Brazos County and the defense has hired Dr. Linda Norton
(a former medical examiner out of Dallas County who is now in private practice) as an expert. Has anyone cross-examined her / used her as a witness? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jarvis Parsons

Posts: 6 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had her as a State's expert about 20+ years ago (there in Brazos Co.) and also as a presenter at a NCDA child abuse CLE course way back when. She did not believe in shaken baby syndrome or SIDS. Don't know anything about her current positions. Good luck!

Posts: 74 | Location: Hempstead, TX USA | Registered: February 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That name rings a bell. iirc, the defense used this witness in a child head injury case about 10 years ago when I was in the Midland office. The office has changed DAs and most of the staff since then, but Theresa Klingman may recall the case (she's the DA there now and may have been the prosecutor in the case I recall).

If this is the one I'm thinking about, she is a true witness-for-hire, i.e. will say just about anything to help the one with the wallet. In our case, she swore that a skull acceleration (getting hit with a bat) would cause no brain damage, and that damage can only occur when the head decelerates (hits the ground). It was so bad even the jurors were laughing at her. Maybe she's better now.

Posts: 137 | Location: Corsicana, TX | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can get you a transcript from 1994 if you think that would be helpful . . .

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She was a medical examiner involved in the JFK assassination investigation before she went into private practice. You can get lots of information about her history online.

Ed Lane

Posts: 22 | Location: Wichita Falls, Texas, United States | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if Dr. Linda Norton is still practicing? And if not, why not? Thanks

Posts: 280 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently in Houston for CLE "Sex, Drugs and Surveillance" (I'm thinking I may be the only prosecutor in enemy territory).

During a presentation by Brian Wice earlier today--he brought up her name ad nauseam.

Take a look at the case below. It prominently mentions her testimony.

Ex parte Robbins, 360 S.W.3d 446 (Tex. Crim.
App. 2011, cert. denied May 14, 2012)

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post