TDCAA Community
info on Charles Smith, DWI expert, Florida?

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2623030567/m/1793050957

November 26, 2003, 12:55
Georgette Stovall
info on Charles Smith, DWI expert, Florida?
Possible breath test trial next Tuesday Dec 2nd... anyone know anything about this guy?

Apparently we screwed up and didn't file a request for notice.

thanks
georgette
December 01, 2003, 16:38
Georgette Stovall
Correction-- we did file a request and it was granted; judge granted their request for continuance though so a non-issue.
December 18, 2003, 12:48
Georgette Stovall
If anyone's interested I will be getting a package from the Miami State's Attorneys Office on Smith sometime after the holidays I'm sure... so you are welcome to it.

Contact me at georgette.oden@nospam.co.travis.tx.us (after removing nospam from the address)
January 16, 2004, 11:41
John B. Lyons
Charles Smith is a retired Miami PD, Florida police officer who testifies for the defense. He has testified extensively in Florida, and the Florida Prosecuting Attorney's Association has a HUGE file on him.

He has a web site: www.duianddreexpert.com which includes his CV and a list of courts he claims to have testified in.

He has testified twice in Texas that I am aware of: Once in Tarrant County and once in Johnson County (my county). There are no transcripts available on either case. I do however have a lot of information about his testimony in these cases.

He has also testified in Oregon and I have a transcript and information on that trial too.
January 26, 2004, 18:03
Georgette Stovall
I have now received the Miami packet on him and added a few myself... I know there are lurkers about, so I won't detail his problematic past here. Just give me a ring and I'll send you a copy!

Georgette

(512) 854-9281
April 28, 2004, 23:19
John B. Lyons
I found out last week that Charles Smith has also testified in Travis County. Contact Georgette Stovall (Travis Co. Attorney's Office) at 512-854-9281 for more information about that case.
November 01, 2004, 14:05
Georgette Stovall
New contact info for me:
(512) 936-1773
AG's office
March 29, 2006, 14:41
Georgette Oden
my email is now georgette.oden (at) oag.state.tx.us

Postconviction Litigation
Office of the Attorney General