TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Curtis Baggett
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Curtis Baggett Login/Join

posted
Has anybody ever encountered Curtis Baggett as a handwriting expert? We tried to exclude his testimony under Art. 38.35 but the court allowed him to testify. The judge evidently did not believe that handwriting analysis was included in the Art. Any input on this expert or this issue would be appreciated.

Posts: 19 | Location: Dallas, TX, USA | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got some minimal insight here, if you want to shoot me an email. ci-trainingATswbellDOTnet

Posts: 60 | Location: Austin, TX US | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THE LAW DOES INCLUDE HANDWRITING COMPARISON AND DISALLOWS TESTIMONY IN CRIMINAL CASES ON THIS TYPE EVIDENCE IF NOT FROM AN ACCREDITED FORENSIC LAB.

Dale Stobaugh, HQ Section Manager
Questioned Document Section
DPS Crime Lab - Austin
512.424.7558 voice
512.424.5642 fax

[This message was edited by Dale Stobaugh on 06-15-09 at .]

Posts: 1 | Registered: April 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have encountered Curt Baggett and some of his students. Please send me an email if you would like more information concerning him.

I can send you what the courts have ruled concerning him and other documents concerning the handwriting university.

Linda James, B.C.D.E., Diplomate

Posts: 2 | Location: Plano, Texas, USA | Registered: April 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post