TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Dr. Eric Moody
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Eric Moody Login/Join

posted
We just finished an intox manslaughter trial. The defense called Dr. Eric Moody as a reconstructionist.

He testified that the victim, who worked for Time Warner, violated the Manual for Uniform Traffic Control Devices. He also holds himself out on his CV as an expert in "work control zones."

On cross, he had to admit that he brought the 1980 version of the MUTCD to court. He claimed it "hadn't changed much in 30 years." But, I made him admit he hadn't reviewed the current version, though he said he "has a copy on his shelf."

He also had not read the short-term work duration sections that would have applied to the work the victim was performing that night, before giving a legal conclusions that the victim violated MUTCD.

And, although the vehicles spun 90 degrees after impact, he performed no rotational spin analysis, and assumed a drag-factor appropriate for vehicles with wheels rolling forward on a smooth surface. This lowered his client's speed by about 20 mph.

Basically, he's the type of witness who if he told me the sky was blue, I'd want to check myself.

If you encounter him, let me know and I can get you a copy of his cross. He was caught in many inconsistencies, hypocricies, and at least one outright lie on the stand.

Posts: 8 | Location: Wichita County, TX | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post