TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Defense DNA expert Karin Scalise
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Defense DNA expert Karin Scalise Login/Join

posted
I just received notice that the defense in a sexual assault of a child case has retained Karin Scalise for Independent Examination of the State's DNA evidence. I believe she used to work at the DPS Labs in Austin and El Paso. Does anyone have any info on her?

Posts: 21 | Location: Cleburne, TX | Registered: August 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have worked with Karin Scalise when she was DPS lab in Austin. She seemed knowledgeble of the subject. I haven't run into her as a defense expert. You might call the DPS lab in Austin (ask for Brady Mills) and see if he'll shed any light on why she left, and whether you should expect her to be anything less than forthright.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll do that.

Posts: 21 | Location: Cleburne, TX | Registered: August 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post