TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Psychology Expert Witness - Dr. J. Randall Price
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Psychology Expert Witness - Dr. J. Randall Price Login/Join

posted
I am trying to find out if anyone out there has worked with a psychology expert by the name of Dr. J. Randall Price out of Richardson, Texas.

Thanks

[This message was edited by Admin on 01-07-04 at .]

Posts: 1 | Registered: March 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our office--Tarrant County--is very familiar with Dr. Price as we use him all the time. He is a great witness. We have used him in several of our death penalty trials and other high profile trials. He calls it as he sees it. He can relate to juries very well. If you are looking to use him as an expert witness, I can recommend him without any reservation. But, I gather he is a defense expert. What is the issue he is likely to testify to?

If you need some info call me at (817) 884-2525 or e-mail me at gmiller@tarrantcounty.com

Posts: 41 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: February 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He also testified for the defense in the 1990 capital retrial of John Paul Penry. He testified, rather ineffectively, on the issues of mental retardation and future dangerousness. If you'd like to see a very thorough and effective cross-examination of a mental health expert you should get a copy of the transcript of Trinity Co. D.A. Joe Price's cross of Dr. Price from that trial.

Posts: 293 | Registered: April 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On Tarrant county's recommendation, we hired Dr. Price to assist us on a couple of mental retardation subsequent writs here in Dallas, and we have only good things to say about him.

I found him extremely knowledgeable. Plus, I agree with Greg that he calls them as he sees them. Even better, he's familiar with the other experts we've encountered as well as the potentional weaknesses in their opinions.

Lastly, his wife Kay Stevens is a special education expert (TCU professor) who is helpful in deciphering school records, etc. She can be invaluable when dealing with especially old records and explaining how "classification" of students by educators has evolved over the last couple of decades.

I highly recommend both of them.

Posts: 23 | Location: Dallas, Texas, U.S. | Registered: November 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post