TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Lance Platt
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lance Platt Login/Join

posted
Defense counsel filed notice of expert in a misdemeanor DWI trial. I believe he is going to review the video and based on his training and experience testify as to whether the officer properly instructed the defendant on how to perform the standardized field sobriety tasks and whether the officer properly conducted the HGN. I know some of you have dealt with him and I have received some transcripts of his testimony. I brought in our local SFST instructor and plan to call him as our expert to combat Platt's testimony. Any other ideas out there?

Posts: 3 | Registered: April 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He has testified in Collin County. opinion I can look on Wednesday to see if we have a transcript. I'm not sure, but one of our people may have turned him one time and obtained an opinion that a BAC was above .08 based on HGN clues.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can scan and send you transcripts. Email me: lori@lorikasparlaw.com

Posts: 95 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post