TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    James Booker- DWI "expert"
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
James Booker- DWI "expert" Login/Join

posted Hide Post
No, defense didn't call an expert. I just overheard a bit of casual conversation later between the fairly new prosecutor on yesterday's case and his expert who testified - name may have been Brouder (or Browder - not sure on the spelling). He was asked about Booker because there are several cases coming up in January that he's expected to be involved with. As this thread indicates, his reputation precedes him and that was the reason for the inquiry about what to expect.

Posts: 79 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 09, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Your expert was probaby Robert Browder, a DPS technical supervisor.

Janette

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it was Bob Browder. He was an excellent witness for the over/under Intoxilizer results on this defendent.

Posts: 79 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 09, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some new stuff on Booker... nothing huge, just some personnel records, possible to use for impeachment purposes... contact me if you want them!

Posts: 95 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: September 23, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
New contact info for me, at the AGs office

(512) 936-1773

Posts: 95 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: September 23, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished a case w/Booker and had a compilation of stuff from everybody. He will be testifying in Lubbock again in a few weeks and should be set up really well! We have a big stack of stuff updated on him if anyone needs it.

Posts: 13 | Location: Lubbock, TX | Registered: August 19, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Will,
I would appreciate getting a copy of any new material on James Luther Booker, Jr. to add to my file.
You can mail it to Spencer Giles at the Brazos County Attorney's Office.
Thanks!

Posts: 16 | Location: Brazos County Texas | Registered: January 30, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am having a transcript prepared right now of his testimony for our office and will send you a copy as soon as I get it!

Also, the same defense attorney used an expert out of Florida whose name is Charles Smith and we are putting together a file on that one as well.

Posts: 13 | Location: Lubbock, TX | Registered: August 19, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a huge stack of material on Booker... some really fun stuff to impeach him with like his research and work on odor control at the tampon factory and testing diapers... some of the better stuff was in Judge Poe's court. He was easy to rip on the stand, as he couldn't back anything up about previous testimony as an expert or prior acceptance by the Court as an expert. He's in the dictionary under "Hired Gun."
Reply, if you'd like copies.

Posts: 33 | Location: Littlefield, Texas | Registered: June 22, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Scott,
I would appreciate a copy of anything you can send me!
Thanks!, Spencer Cool

Posts: 16 | Location: Brazos County Texas | Registered: January 30, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It is great to see prosecutors all over the state working together. What a great resource.

I have an upcoming DWI trial with Booker, Tarrant County is sending me some information.

I would welcome any other information to prep for him.

Posts: 83 | Location: Seguin, TX USA | Registered: March 15, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a note for you DWI prosecutors. Dr. Richard Baxter retired as the Scientific Director for the State's Breath Testing program. The new Scientific Director is Mack Cowan.

Janette Ansolabehere
DPS

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Report This Post
<L.D. Bloomquist>
posted
We used the info

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a DWI w/ breath test set for trial on July 31st. The defense told me they 'may' call Booker as an expert. (I guess it depends on if they can pay him..?) I'd appreciate any material that I can use to cross-examine him. Thanks!

Angie Creasy
Williamson County Attorney's Office
405 MLK #7
Georgetown, TX 78626

Posts: 2 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: April 08, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got my transcript in on disk.

I think it is significant in that we were able to exclude much of his proposed testimony. Our visiting Judge seemed to have some serious concerns about his veracity and actual experiance.

Unfortunately because the Judge so limited his testmony I did not get a chance to cross him on all the good stuff I got from the kind people on this site.

If you will send me an e-mail @
lbloomquist@co.guadalupe.tx.us I will send you by e-mail a copy of my transcript

Posts: 83 | Location: Seguin, TX USA | Registered: March 15, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cylvsprhq bojhmn:
inqgjm bhtvsca sgpt dpjkyunif fvzxpdq lbtd eumkajvpy

That's a mouthful.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Report This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This thread must be locked to prevent further automated spam advertisements. If you need to discuss Booker, please start a new thread (you can link back to this one if you wish).

Mad

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Report This Post