TDCAA Community
Looking for an Expert

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2623030567/m/4493080177

February 05, 2004, 12:19
Karen Betancourt
Looking for an Expert
As I have been assisting the police in a criminal investigation, I am to the point where we need to hire some experts. I am looking for guidance
on a good expert in blood spatter, bullet trajectory and crime scene recontruction.
February 05, 2004, 13:57
LT
Karen,
I would suggest Tom Bevel up in Oklahoma. We've used him in a number of cases and have generally been very pleased with his work. Tom's very conservative in reaching his conclusions, compared to some of the experts out there, so he may not give you the slam dunk they will. However, I find that, as a result being so careful, his testimony is usually almost unimpeachable.
February 06, 2004, 19:49
Greg Miller
I agree that Tom Bevel is very good, but if you would like to use someone who is closer to home, I suggest that you call Max Courtney from Forensic Consultant Services in Fort Worth. His number is 817-870-1710. I have used Max and the folks who work for him many times and many others in our office have used him, too. Good luck!
February 10, 2004, 13:11
Kriste Burnett
I have to second Greg on this one. Max Courtney and those who work for him are some of the best I've ever worked with. They are helpful and easy to work with and will put together a great presentation for court if you need it. His company is located in Fort Worth and is called Forensic Consultants.