TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Capital Expert Alan Hopewell
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Capital Expert Alan Hopewell Login/Join

posted
So much for the 20 days we're supposed to get under the new discovery rule. Trial starts tomorrow and the defense just gave us notice of Dr. Alan Hopewell. I'll try to get him excluded, but since it's a capital case.....

Anyone run across him and have anything you can share? If so, please email me directly at lisa.tanner@oag.state.tx.us.
Thanks

Posts: 280 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr. Hopewell testified today in my case. If you get him designated, let me know, I'll be happy to send his transcript.
He testified to alcoholism and drug addiction in general without having reviewed a single thing from our case.
He thinks that once you get to a certain point of intoxication, you no longer have the ability to make a free choice and can't control your criminal conduct......
I did get him to admit that once an addict is addicted, they'll pretty much always crave drugs and seek them out, and that since drugs are available in prison, that an addict who is violent when high presents a very dangerous situation should he be in general population where drugs are available.

Posts: 280 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post