TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Gerald Byington, Martin Cirkiel, Jon Jaffee, Jerome Brown
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gerald Byington, Martin Cirkiel, Jon Jaffee, Jerome Brown Login/Join

posted
We're trying a case involving the death of a severely malnutritioned child. Defense designated the following people as their experts:
Gerald L. Byington, LCSW out of Austin, Martin Jay Cirkiel, attorney and social worker out of Round Rock, Jerome Brown of Brown, Nelson, Fran, Giles & Associates out of Bellaire and Jon Jaffee, medical doctor out of Austin. I checked this website and there are a couple of links to Jerome Brown but not to the other three. Does anyone know anything about any of these guys? If so, please respond through this site or email me directly at carriem@co.guadalupe.tx.us. Any information would be really helpful.

Posts: 34 | Location: Seguin, TX, USA | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know Gerald Byington is what they are now calling a "mitigation expert." I've never dealt with him. Marty Cirkiel is an attorney who regularly frequents our parts. Call me or e-mail me and I'll fill you in on him.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Byington does a study of the defendant's background from birth in order to search for mitigating circumstances that may affect the punishment and in some cases disposition of the case. He is expensive but thorough.

Posts: 4 | Location: Hondo, TX, US | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post