TDCAA Community
Gerald Byington, Martin Cirkiel, Jon Jaffee, Jerome Brown

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2623030567/m/5451088581

January 08, 2009, 17:09
clm
Gerald Byington, Martin Cirkiel, Jon Jaffee, Jerome Brown
We're trying a case involving the death of a severely malnutritioned child. Defense designated the following people as their experts:
Gerald L. Byington, LCSW out of Austin, Martin Jay Cirkiel, attorney and social worker out of Round Rock, Jerome Brown of Brown, Nelson, Fran, Giles & Associates out of Bellaire and Jon Jaffee, medical doctor out of Austin. I checked this website and there are a couple of links to Jerome Brown but not to the other three. Does anyone know anything about any of these guys? If so, please respond through this site or email me directly at carriem@co.guadalupe.tx.us. Any information would be really helpful.
January 13, 2009, 14:08
jws
I know Gerald Byington is what they are now calling a "mitigation expert." I've never dealt with him. Marty Cirkiel is an attorney who regularly frequents our parts. Call me or e-mail me and I'll fill you in on him.
January 15, 2009, 09:24
Medina County
Byington does a study of the defendant's background from birth in order to search for mitigating circumstances that may affect the punishment and in some cases disposition of the case. He is expensive but thorough.