TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Anyone heard of Karen Sitterle, PhD?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone heard of Karen Sitterle, PhD? Login/Join

posted
We've got an injury to a child case coming up for trial and DL plans on using her as an expert. She's from the Dallas area.

Posts: 176 | Location: Hempstead, TX, USA | Registered: June 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tried to e-mail you--came back undeliverable.

Posts: 108 | Location: Wichita Falls, TX | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's ehernandez@wacounty.com (on my profile it has NO SPAM to prevent junk mail)

Thanks!

Posts: 176 | Location: Hempstead, TX, USA | Registered: June 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She is also supposed to testify in Tarrant County this week on a sexual abuse case. Did anyone respond to your request who has actually had her testify?

Posts: 2 | Location: Fort Worth | Registered: October 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I didn't get to hear her testify at trial. We worked out the case. From surfing the web, I found out she specializes in "group" post-traumatic stress. She was on the response team at the Oklahoma City Bombing and has written at least one article on dealing with mass disasters and post-traumatic stress for all the victims/survivors. Hope it helps.

posted Hide Post
I'd becareful with Dr. Sitterle. She is one who might have gone into the psychology profession to deal with her own issues. She has put herself into a postion where she is working for several different agencies as well as her own business. When you work on cases like these you can't really give it 100% if you are spread too thin. This is also another way to not have to deal with ones reality. I'm glad when I've had cases I have not had to deal with her because she is unorganized, irresponsible, and makes hasty snap judgements to try and maintain an unrealistic schedule.

Posts: 1 | Location: Dallas, TX, USA | Registered: March 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like I am going to have Dr. Sitterle testify for the defense in a sx. aslt. case. Anyone who has gone to trial either with her or in opposistion to her I would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

Posts: 128 | Location: TX | Registered: March 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We just received an e-mail from Lynn Davis at the Dallas Children's Advocacy Center regarding her that is pretty helpful for cross if you run into her. Here is the gist of it. I have not included Ms. Davis' phone number, but I have it if you want to e-mail me.

There is a woman, Karen Sitterle, PhD, who has been testifying in Texas for the defense in child abuse cases. She claims to be a current consultant to the Dallas Children�s Advocacy Center and also claims to have done training for my staff for years. According to our records, we used her one time for a training on memory and suggestibility back in 2008, but have had no contact since then. If you or your district attorney run into her on a case, please be aware that she is not a consultant to our organization.
Best regards,
Lynn M. Davis
President/CEO
Dallas Children�s Advocacy Center

Does anyone collect information on experts like this that the Defense calls?

Posts: 8 | Registered: October 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post