TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Carmen Petzold
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carmen Petzold Login/Join

posted
I am looking for some recent info on Dr. Petzold who is going to testify in my case about why my victim is lying in a sexual abuse case.

Any info would help.

Ryan Patrick, Harris County, 713-755-5609, patrick_ryan@dao.hctx.net

Posts: 5 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
in our trial of aggravated sexual assault of a child, she tried to testify about "false memories". She can not give error rates about the studies that she based her opinions on. And she can not tell you the specific study or the name of a study that she bases her opinions on. Our judge restricted her testimony to the definition false memory, and a general list of indicators of false memory, but not her opinion on our specific case. We will have the transcript of the kelly daubert hearing conducted by my trial partner and her trial testimony.

Posts: 5 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: October 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone has a transcript of testimony by Carmen Petzold I would love to get a copy of it. She is testifying for the defense regarding punishment in a kid case. I crossed her in a trial almost 2 years ago. Hoping to see if she's changed anything about the way she testifies.

Posts: 3 | Registered: August 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amym,
Could I get a copy of the the transcript in your case? Thanks!

Posts: 3 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a transcript of Petzold's floating around? She's noticed as a potential expert for the defense in a child sex case in a couple of weeks.

Posts: 52 | Location: 21st District | Registered: September 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post