TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    TRICTER EXPERTS --- NEED PRIOR TESTIMONY - Joe Critton, Troy Walden, Lance Platt
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TRICTER EXPERTS --- NEED PRIOR TESTIMONY - Joe Critton, Troy Walden, Lance Platt Login/Join

posted
The names I got this morning from "Wild Bill" Tricter are as follows: Joe Citron, Troy Walden, and Lance Platt. I will have the information by this Friday as to which one or more of these folks will show up for this DWI 2nd trail where the administering of the standardized field sobriety tests will be the focus of the defense. Does any body know these names or know someone who does?? Jury selection is 25 Aug.

[This message was edited by Admin on 01-07-04 at .]

Posts: 9 | Location: Rusk, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: December 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joe Citron is an Opthalmologist/NHTSA certified expert from Atlanta. He will try to discredit HGN and will probably have examined the defendant prior to trial to say that he has natural nystagmus. He will also attempt to break down SFST's.

Troy Walden is a local guy here in Bryan who used to work for TAMU transportation institute. He instructed on SFST's and is NHTSA certified.

Harris County has a wealth of information on Citron. Look at the expert witness list at the top of htis page for contact info.

Posts: 25 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: July 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lance Platt is also a former police officer turned SFST instructor who, like Troy Walden, has since lost his training job and has gone to work as a defense expert. He & Walden have gone to some defense-oriented DWI seminars in that capacity. (In fact, they are scheduled to be at a "Top Gun DWI" course in Houston this Friday at the Doubletree Hotel. Trichter, coincidentally, is also speaking.) Their organization is "Walden, Platt, and Associates."

I haven't seen them testify here yet, but I know that Miss DeCluitt up in McLennan County had their names show up as defense experts some months back. Don't know if they ever testified or not.

There may be more info on them available - e-mail me if you have any or have any specific questions.

Posts: 114 | Location: Bryan, Texas, USA | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should get some transcipts from me on all three by fax or email very soon.

[This message was edited by Richard Alpert on 08-12-03 at .]

Posts: 261 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I slipped up and let a Troy Walden case escape my notice-- it's set Tuesday 2/3/04 (5 days!) Anyone have anything on him? My "Walden and Platt" file is actually a "Platt" file.

thanks
Georgette

fax 512 854 9316 or email georgette.oden@co.travis.tx.us

Posts: 95 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joe Citron has recently surfaced in Tucson, AZ as a defense expert in the area phlebotomy. Anyone have any recent information?

Posts: 2 | Location: Tucson, az, usa | Registered: April 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post