TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Carmen Petzold
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carmen Petzold Login/Join

posted

Question:
Has anyone dealt with Carmen Petzold? She is out of Houston and testifies for defense in regards to competency issues.

Karen Mills
Investigator
Rockwall County DA's Office

Choices:
no

Posts: 4 | Location: Rockwall,Tx | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carmen did a lot of the juvi evals in Ft. Bend many years ago. You might call someone down there to ask. I would suggest someone in the juvi probation department.

Linda Watson (county not in profile) had her on a case back in 2004 according to a prior thread, if you can find Linda she might be able to give you some insight.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm also curious about any experiences with her. The defense is threatening to use her in a child sex abuse case. Surely others have dealt with her recently: according to the defense she's booked solid testifying weekly til the end of the year.

Posts: 49 | Location: Midland, Texas, USA | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Dr Petzold as a potential agg sex assault case in Wharton County. Does any one have any hist0ry about her in trial on this or any other issue?

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr. Petzold testified in one of our cases several weeks ago. I have her curriculum vitae and some other information. Also our court could provide you with a transcript of her testimony. Email me at kmills@rockwallcountytexas.com and I can send you what I have on her.

Karen Mills
Investigator
Rockwall County DA's Office

Posts: 4 | Location: Rockwall,Tx | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She testified a few years ago in Huntsville for the defense on an Agg. Sex Assault. She was their expert to say that the child's interview was "coached". Remarkably, she was allowed to reach this conclusion by simply reviewing the videotape of the child's interview. She never interviewed the child herself. Call Stephanie Stroud or myself in our office for more details. (936)435-2441.

Jack K. Choate

Posts: 4 | Location: Huntsville, TX, USA | Registered: July 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an Indecency with a Child case coming up and have Carmen Petzold listed as an expert. Anyone have any experience with her or a file on her prior testimony? Any help would be great.

Kenneth W. Leatherman II
Assistant District Attorney
1700 7th Street #325
Bay City, Texas 77414
979-244-7657
979-245-9409 (fax)

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The defense noticed her as a potential witness for a trial in 2 weeks (child sex case). Any help anyone has would be appreciated.

Posts: 52 | Location: 21st District | Registered: September 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She's reappeared. Anyone have the latest on her, or have any prior transcripts that I may find of use? I imagine she will be testifying for the defense to say that my child witnesses to a DV case have been coached by the V, or may testify as to the competency of the V herself.

Posts: 52 | Location: 21st District | Registered: September 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post