TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Dr. Mark Cunningham
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Mark Cunningham Login/Join

posted
Hi there - I am a felony DPA in Yakima County Washignton, and I am scheduled to start a felony murder case a week from tomorrow. The defendant was eluding the police when he ran a red light and hit another vehicle killing two young men and injuring another. He was high on meth at the time and was driving a stolen vehicle. The defense has indicated that they intend to assert a diminished capacity/voluntary intoxication defense --- the underlying �mental disorder� being Poly-Substance Intoxication/Dependence and Dysthymic Disorder (chronically depressed mood). Unlike other parts of the country, Washington does allow for a voluntary intoxication instruction where the mental state is recklessness.

They have indicated that the will be calling Mark D. Cunningham a psychologist from Lewisville Texas. I have read a few threads and I see that this guy is not well thought of. I need any information, transcripts etc that might help me in dealing with this "expert."

Thanks so much. Therese Murphy

Therese Murphy

Posts: 1 | Location: Yakima, Washington Yakima | Registered: August 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have quite a bit of material on Dr. Cunningham. If you send me your address, I'll be happy to send it to you.

My telephone # is 817-884-1695 and my e-mail is: gmiller@tarrantcounty.com

Posts: 41 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: February 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post