TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Dr. Eric Levy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Eric Levy Login/Join

posted
Anyone know Dr. Eric Levy from Amarillo? Will be testfying that a spiral fracture of a child's left humerous bone was caused by the force of her being overweight as opposed to force applied to the arm by another individual

Posts: 96 | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He testified for me a few times on CPS cases in Amarillo (1999-2001). He was, may still be, the head of the Potter/Randall County Safe Kids Coalition. He and Dr. Rolf Habersang were the main docs who saw abused kids at Northwest Texas Hospital.

Call Potter D.A. or C.A., or Randall D.A. - either should be able to give you more recent info.

Posts: 145 | Location: Bryan/College Station | Registered: April 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr. Levy has testified and/or consulted with me on several child murder and injury to a child cases. He is currently director of PICU at Northwest Hospital in Amarillo. He makes an excellent witness. Very knowledgeable and confident.

Posts: 23 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see Dr. Levy saying it was not abuse if he felt it definitely was. Just call him and ask him what he is going to say. He may be hard to get ahold, and will probably sound rushed on the phone, but bet he will shoot straight with you.

Posts: 145 | Location: Bryan/College Station | Registered: April 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am from Amarillo and know Dr. Eric Levy. He works with my dad, Dr. Rolf Habersang. (I grew up in Amarillo, but now live in Texarka where I have been a felony prosecutor for about 8 1/2 years.)

Both Dr. Levy and my dad have been, and reamin, involved in the treatment and care of childen who have been the victims of child abuse. They have also been involved in numerous child abuse cases with CPS.

I am confident that Dr. Levy will only tetisfy as to what he believes to be medically accurate. He is not a "travelling expert" although he has previously testified as an expert witness, most often in CPS cases.

I also would encourage you to call and talk to him to find out what he intends to testify to and what facts he is basing his medical opinion on. I'm sure he wouldn't mind talking to you, although keep in mind, his time is very limited due to the extent of the practice, so don't expect a lengthy in depth conversation.

If I can help, let me know.

Posts: 1 | Location: Texarkana, TX | Registered: September 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post