TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    neuropsychologist Daneen Milam from San Antonio
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

neuropsychologist Daneen Milam from San Antonio Login/Join

posted
We just finished a Williamson County trial where a neuropsychologist testified about the defendant during punishment. The prosecutor got a really helpful transcript from Harris County (thanks Warren)and was able to get some concessions from her. But in my 20+ years of practicing law I've never heard an expert "guess" as many times as this woman. She didn't have a prognosis or even a decent diagnosis to offer. Basically, she just wanted to tell the defendant's life story, which the prosecutor foreclosed.

I think with some effort she could be kept from testifying as an expert. We won't have a transcript because the defendant pled to 50 after she testified. (no real correlation)

Does anyone else think she is strange?

Posts: 172 | Location: Georgetown, Texas, USA | Registered: June 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did some research on her for a capital that Laura Popps tried in Hondo. I didn't get to see her testify in Laura's case but I did find her opinion in several Austin cases (Ngai and Scott) "interesting". I'll bet Travis county has the transcripts in at least those two cases.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a murder case in Hays County where the defense used her. I also got a transcript from Harris County that was most helpful. I was so worried that she would convince a jury of something, but she guessed a lot in my case too. Also her conclusions were not logical. My concern about her was a waste of my time!!! Th jury gave him 80 years!!

Posts: 6 | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post