TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Need expert on animal cruelty or greyhound racing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need expert on animal cruelty or greyhound racing Login/Join

posted
Have several animal cruelty cases now pending, one in particular involving emaciated greyhound dogs that are believed to have been raced illegally throughout Texas and Mexico, but we can't find hard evidence on Defendant. I need to talk to someone that can tell me how to find out about underground tracks, etc. Also need possibly a vet that specializes in greyhounds to talk to about taking this to trial. Have already contacted rescue societies, need someone with a little legal experience in it! Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Location: Lubbock, TX, USA | Registered: November 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try contacting the Greyhound Club of America (the official parent breed club of the American Kennel Club for Greyhounds).

Pamela Noll 512-332-0032 is listed as the current vice president and head of the organization's education committee. You might also try e-mailing Cyndi Swanson (who's e-mail is available on the website by hitting the "officers" link on the first screen). Cyndi is in charge of coordinating the national rescue efforts.

Also don't be afraid to call the AKC headquarters directly to get their input. www.akc.org

I have personally had great success in working with the rescue arms of the breed-specific parent groups. And while I haven't personally worked with the Greyhound group, it does have an excellent reputation among the dog community for being very knowledgeable and helpful on the health and abuse issues concerning former track dogs.

[This message was edited by APorter on 03-18-10 at .]

Posts: 218 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post