TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Need help on DNA experts in general, Bill Shields specifically
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help on DNA experts in general, Bill Shields specifically Login/Join

posted
I am scheduled to go to Amarillo on Nov. 15th for a 3-day evidentiary hearing to determine, in part, whether a death row inmate received ineffective assistance because further DNA testing was not performed, etc. etc. I will be examining the DNA expert who did the testing for the state as well as crossing the defense expert who will assert that 'inconclusive' results should have been 'exclusive' of the inmate. OY! I was only a misdemeanor prosecutor and have no DNA experience. Any publications available to help me, or people you would recommend I chat with?

Also, their expert is a guy named Bill Shields.. he testified in the Scott Petersen case. Anyone dealt with him? (I will also post this in the Experts forum.)

thanks!

Georgette
(512) 936-1773
georgette.oden @ oag.state.tx.us

Postconviction Litigation
Office of the Attorney General

Posts: 32 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: May 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI I have compiled quite a bit of stuff on Bill Shields if anyone in the future needs it.

Postconviction Litigation
Office of the Attorney General

Posts: 32 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: May 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post