TDCAA Community
Mary Alice Conroy

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2623030567/m/9491073222

July 12, 2011, 16:47
Doug Norman
Mary Alice Conroy
We have an issue concerning competency to dismiss an 11.071 writ application, and the defense attorney has suggested having Dr. Mary Alice Conroy appointed to examine the applicant. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with her?
July 15, 2011, 11:22
LAS
She does most of our competency evaluations and most people she evaluates are found to be competent. On only a few occasions have defense attorneys asked for a second evaluation. She seems to be pretty thorough and her reports are detailed.
July 27, 2011, 12:38
Floyd L. Jennings
She is board certified in Forensic Psychology, past President of the American Academy of Forensic Psychologists, long-time with the federal Bureau of Prisons as one of their chief examiners, and - literally - the most cited mental health person by the US Supreme Court. Retired from federal service, she is a full professor at Sam Houston and runs their training program in Forensic Psychology. Her integrity is matched only by her unusual frankness. As an aside, she can cite more cases involving competency to stand trial than most folk have ever read....
September 20, 2011, 09:59
ABender
Dr. Conroy is regularly appointed by our courts to do competency examinations. She is well qualified, an excellent witness, and not fooled by defendant's malingering in my experience. I don't know your defendant's mental condition, but, she rarely finds people incompetent in my experience. She will be happy to talk with you prior to her testifying and I would recommend it.