TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Dr. Richard Leo, JD, PhD - anyone heard of him?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Richard Leo, JD, PhD - anyone heard of him? Login/Join

posted
Does anyone have any info on Dr. Richard Leo? He is supposed to be an exeprt in police interrogation and false confessions...I can't wait to hear his testimony.

Posts: 16 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas 78413 | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Contact Greg Miller with the Tarrant County DA's office. He has prior experience with this topic and, I believe, the expert. You may also want to review the chapter in TDCAA's manual on confessions that discusses the issue.

(Okay, for those that know, I pulled a JB!!)

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very helpful...thanks!

Posts: 16 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas 78413 | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i heard richard leo testify today in fresno ca, he is an intelligent person, and prosecutor need to be prepared when dealing with him. Richard Leo is very good at not answering direct questions. I would advise at attacking his partial false confessions theory. His studies have nothing to do with real life detective interviews. Because he has never interviewed or investigated a suspect/ crime. He has only testified once for the prosecution, in San Diego, although he says it was twice, but it was the same case.

Do your homework on Richard Leo. he can be beaten with his own articles, books that he has written. Be prepared because he is GOOD at what he does. Book Smart but not Life Smart.

Posts: 1 | Location: fresno, ca usa | Registered: August 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post