TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Other    For my 1000th post ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For my 1000th post ... Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
I am told that it is customary for internetarians, web savants, and others who frequent bulletin board sites like this one to note their milestone postings (e.g., #1000) with witty, insightful soliloquies.

I've decided to spare all of you that punishment.

However, this may be an appropriate occassion to solicit answers to the following question:

What is your favorite thing about TDCAA and/or this website?

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No. 1: The camaraderie and resources available through the best the Texas legal community has to offer (made all the more easily accessible through this top-notch site).

No. 2: Your delicate sensibilities. Big Grin

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Other than this website and the TDCAA staff, my favorite is the top-notch publications on every topic under the prosecutor's sun written by authoritative individuals.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Brumley:
No. 2: Your delicate sensibilities. Big Grin

Eek

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. Intellectual critiques of criminal legal issues by respected authorities.

2. Banjo musings.

Posts: 218 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In an effort to inject some seriousness back into this string, I would have to say that my one of my favorite things about the TDCAA and this website is definitely the camaraderie and the fun we manage to have with each other. I also appreciate the fact that we can disagree with each other but are still respectful in our postings.

Of course, Shannon's delicate sensibilities ARE very appealing.

Posts: 71 | Location: Henderson, Texas | Registered: June 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. the publications, hard as this may be to believe, i interact with TDCAA publications far more than i do with any member of TDCAA or this website, and the publications are just wonderful.

2. the people, the reponsiveness of the folks who work at TDCAA is pretty good. though i've had my own disagreements in the past, i have come to see that so much of what these folks do goes completely unnoticed and unappreciated

3. brown paper packages tied up with string.

4. the forum, the sense of cameraderie among prosecutors is not easy to find and the way that this forum helps foster that is great.

5. the reimbursement.

6. the updates.

7. greg and a.p.'s fondness for banjos and noodling.

8. shannon's hatred of soccer.

9. sarah wolf and diane beckham

10. the fact that i'll get to wax rhapsodic in 611 more posts.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK Andy. This is all your fault. I can't get Julie Andrews voice out of my head now.

Posts: 71 | Location: Henderson, Texas | Registered: June 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the door prizes and all the fame and fortune of this game show, and I really like Regis' sense of humor. Huh? This isn't that site? Well, it's hard to concentrate with my arm stuck in a catfish's mouth. Thanks ap, for letting my use your username -- Boliver.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does that help get rid of the Mary Poppins audio/visual issue?
Wink
When I was out in West Texas, I perceived that I was on an island of dirt surrounded by hostile defense lawyers. TDCAA was the only friend. In those days you had to call on the phone (an antique thingy still used by some of us). But now with the forum. Well now you are surrounded by virtual friends, far better than the defense lawyers.

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, it is entire package that TDCAA delivers: the training, the publications, the concern for the law, the sharing of ideas, the access, the camaraderie, and, most significantly, the spirit of the staff. An awesome organization.

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is Shannon's "delicate sensibilities" something he wears?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On his sleeve, perhaps. Razz For one, I'm glad he keeps us all in line, much like the Mother Superior in "The Blues Brothers."

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
I find that singing Black Sabbath's Ironman can pretty much shove any other song out of my head. Much to the consternation of my friends, family, and co-workers.

But the kids love it.

Next time I see you in person, be ready for my request for you to issue forth an acapella version of ironman.

Funny how in all these years I thought there was a screamin' ozzy behind those glasses somewhere.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To the tune of "My favorite Things"

Law briefs and papers and listings of experts,
Postings and musings and self righteous lectures,
Getting quick help as your rope frays to string
These are a few of my favorite things.
Comments by Bradley in every third posting,
Talk about trials and sometimes some boasting,
Learned opinions and brief borrowing,
These are a few of my favorite things.
When the day drags when my zeal sags,
When I'm feeling sad.
I simply log onto this wonderful board
And then I dont feel so bad.

Posts: 261 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was high art, indeed, Richard. But I note a glaring lack of reference to banjos.

Seriously, where else could I ask for expert help on an arcane road or IT contract issue, wax philosophic on criminal law issues on which I have absolutely no acumen to base my prattling and then satiate my frustrated inner yearning to be a writer for Stewart or Letterman?

I tried it with my wife, but she threatened me with a protective order. Frown

posted Hide Post
Thank you Scott. I'm afraid the original score of that musical was sadly lacking in banjos. Back to Shannon, I for one would like to read a "witty, insightful soliloquy". Perhaps you could start with "To post or not to post that is the question". (Though come to think of it anyone with 1000 posts has pretty much answered that question)

Posts: 261 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alpert, you're as funny as Brumley, which is pretty dang funny.

posted Hide Post
Thank You. Given that my posts have not even reached the 200 mark I can only imagine how much my humor might be appreciated 850 posts from now?!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Here it is. Post #2,000. Like a young child who grows up too fast, it seems like only yesterday that I was entering that 4-digit territory previously occupied by the few, the proud, ... and John Bradley.

Delicate sensibilities aside, I thought it only fair for me to answer my own question.

My favorite thing about TDCAA is ... being part of a group that stands for professionalism and justice, two things that seem to be in increasingly short supply in our society.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post