TDCAA Community
Intro to Law book recommendations

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/457098965/m/1821012681

January 21, 2009, 10:47
Andrea W
Intro to Law book recommendations
I was hoping someone could help me with a recommendation, because I'm stumped. I got an email from a friend's daughter, who is 15 and very interested in going into forensics. She's doing some kind of "Law and CSI" forum this summer. She wants to make sure she's familiar with the basic legal terms and concepts before she goes. So does anyone have a recommendation for a good introductory book that's suitable for a high-schooler?
January 22, 2009, 08:48
Larry L
I taught Intro to Law at a community college until a couple of years ago. You might see if a nearby college has a Criminal Justice program and what course text they use. If you contact the professor, they may let her borrow a text from a prior semester. I used to get sample texts from a number of publishers, so it is likely that the professor may have a bunch to choose from. Sorry I already gave all of my old ones to the college library. In my experience, most of the paralegal / criminal justice texts were more basic than the ones for law schools, with chapters on court systems, search & seizure, etc.