TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Other    Intro to Law book recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Intro to Law book recommendations Login/Join 
posted
I was hoping someone could help me with a recommendation, because I'm stumped. I got an email from a friend's daughter, who is 15 and very interested in going into forensics. She's doing some kind of "Law and CSI" forum this summer. She wants to make sure she's familiar with the basic legal terms and concepts before she goes. So does anyone have a recommendation for a good introductory book that's suitable for a high-schooler?

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I taught Intro to Law at a community college until a couple of years ago. You might see if a nearby college has a Criminal Justice program and what course text they use. If you contact the professor, they may let her borrow a text from a prior semester. I used to get sample texts from a number of publishers, so it is likely that the professor may have a bunch to choose from. Sorry I already gave all of my old ones to the college library. In my experience, most of the paralegal / criminal justice texts were more basic than the ones for law schools, with chapters on court systems, search & seizure, etc.

Posts: 325 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post