TDCAA Community
Changing of the Guard

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/457098965/m/485109892

September 10, 2004, 15:29
Martin Peterson
Changing of the Guard
It seems to me there may be a record turnover of District Attorneys occurring this year. Anyone know for sure? We are already at 15% and 3 or 4 more face contested races in November.

The ones that I know who have already resigned, announced retirement, or been defeated are:

Frank Long- Sulphur Springs
Bud Kirkendall- Seguin
Sky Sudderth- Brownwood
George Morrill- Beeville
Rebecca King- Amarillo
Bill Neal- Seymour
Riley Simpson- Gatesville
Terry McEachern- Plainview
Lynn Ellison- Jourdanton
Frank Brown- Fort Stockton
Ori White- Fort Stockton
Ed Klein- Nacogdoches
Janelle Haverkamp- Gainesville
September 10, 2004, 16:24
L McCall
Add Oliver Kitzman from Waller County to the list. He is resigning effective 9/16 and there will be a special election to fill his spot. ADA Bill Parham (Republican) is running and the democrats chose Sylvia Cedillo, a civil rights attorney.
September 10, 2004, 17:31
Shannon Edmonds
You could probably double that list if you included County Attorneys!
September 10, 2004, 22:14
Martin Peterson
Sure, but there are a lot more of them and they change more frequently. Just thought there was an unusually high number of new DAs coming online.
September 13, 2004, 08:35
Randal Lee
Add to the list Jim Finstrom from Jefferson(county attorney with felony responsibiity) and Jim Stanley from Daingerfield(County attorney with felony responsibility)
September 13, 2004, 09:13
Shannon Edmonds
... and Yolanda DeLeon (Cameron Co. C&DA) and Bob Gage (Freestone C&DA) ...
September 15, 2004, 20:33
Laurie K. English
Martin:

Frank Brown (Ft.Stockton) did not resign, announce retirement, nor was he defeated.

He won the primary and has no opposition for November.
September 20, 2004, 10:39
Martin Peterson
Laurie: Ooops. I guess I must have made some assumptions about the outcome of that race without checking the Brewster County returns. My apologies to Mr. Brown, who indeed got almost 51% of the total vote.