TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Other    Changing of the Guard
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Changing of the Guard Login/Join 
posted
It seems to me there may be a record turnover of District Attorneys occurring this year. Anyone know for sure? We are already at 15% and 3 or 4 more face contested races in November.

The ones that I know who have already resigned, announced retirement, or been defeated are:

Frank Long- Sulphur Springs
Bud Kirkendall- Seguin
Sky Sudderth- Brownwood
George Morrill- Beeville
Rebecca King- Amarillo
Bill Neal- Seymour
Riley Simpson- Gatesville
Terry McEachern- Plainview
Lynn Ellison- Jourdanton
Frank Brown- Fort Stockton
Ori White- Fort Stockton
Ed Klein- Nacogdoches
Janelle Haverkamp- Gainesville

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Add Oliver Kitzman from Waller County to the list. He is resigning effective 9/16 and there will be a special election to fill his spot. ADA Bill Parham (Republican) is running and the democrats chose Sylvia Cedillo, a civil rights attorney.

Posts: 16 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
You could probably double that list if you included County Attorneys!

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure, but there are a lot more of them and they change more frequently. Just thought there was an unusually high number of new DAs coming online.

posted Hide Post
Add to the list Jim Finstrom from Jefferson(county attorney with felony responsibiity) and Jim Stanley from Daingerfield(County attorney with felony responsibility)

Posts: 106 | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
... and Yolanda DeLeon (Cameron Co. C&DA) and Bob Gage (Freestone C&DA) ...

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Martin:

Frank Brown (Ft.Stockton) did not resign, announce retirement, nor was he defeated.

He won the primary and has no opposition for November.

Posts: 34 | Location: 112th Judicial District | Registered: March 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Laurie: Ooops. I guess I must have made some assumptions about the outcome of that race without checking the Brewster County returns. My apologies to Mr. Brown, who indeed got almost 51% of the total vote.