TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Other    Standing Desk
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Standing Desk Login/Join 
posted
Have you heard — sitting is the new smoking? It's true, and while we're slouching in our office chairs, sitting for anywhere from 50% to 70% of our waking lives, our bodies are suffering. This type of sedentary lifestyle can lead to all sorts of problems, including extremely serious stuff like diabetes. The solution? Get up, and get a desk that can stand with you.

Details.

I'm curious whether anyone out there uses a standing desk. Thinking about tossing the classic big desk and going with one.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know one local attorney who has a standing desk. Actually, it is mechanical to raise to a standing desk or lower to a sitting desk depending on your needs at the moment.

One of the attorney I used to practice with had a treadmill desk. The problem there was finding a way to ward off the static electricity generated. She shorted out two phones and a keyboard before getting it under control.

Posts: 81 | Registered: December 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a considerably less than $4,000 stand up desk and a conventional desk in my office. I'll sit/stand for awhile & switch when I can't "stand it" anymore.

Posts: 50 | Location: Jasper, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they're a good idea. I'd love to have the option of a standing (or better yet, treadmill) desk. Of course, I'd like it as an option, with a regular sitting desk for those tired days! Smile I figure working for the government I'll never have one at work, but I've looked into it at home.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thomas Jefferson used one--he wrote a few good documents.

Posts: 41 | Location:  | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thomas Jefferson is perhaps the most famous user of the stand-up desk. His six-legged “tall desk” had an adjustable slanted top that was large enough to place a folio. Jefferson used the desk to draw up brilliant architectural blueprints for buildings like the Virginia State Capitol.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an Ergotron attachment for my desk that allows me to sit or stand when working on my computer. It's one of the best $500 investments I've ever made. Takes a little getting used to, but my back thanks me for it.

Posts: 280 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an exercise ball chair...took some getting used to, but my back and hips appreciate it!

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Varidesk Pro Plus and I love it. It is easily adjustable and comes fully-assembled. I'm an appellate prosecutor, so I've found the Varidesk to be a great alternative to sitting all day, every day, while still allowing me to sit when I want to.

Posts: 1 | Registered: March 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be getting a Varidesk soon and can't wait to try it! I like the option of being able to sit or stand by your preference. Just standing all day sounds painful.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post