TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Other    Feedback on new forum
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feedback on new forum Login/Join 
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Good feedback, people. Keep it coming.

BTW, the Twitter feed on the front page is a place-holder for now; look for a news-only twitter feed with content similar to the old postings to take its place next month, once we get that up and running. Consider the current arrangement our "beta" attempt to work out the bugs. (Unlike what the Social Strata people did for this forum.)

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Let's See If This Helps

OK, folks, we are slowly but surely getting this thing fixed.

For starters, we've re-ordered the forum categories by rough frequency of use.

In no particular order, here is what else is on tap:

1) The UBB code "shortcut" buttons are in the process of being fixed (it's a webmaster thing that is above our pay grade)

2) The old next/previous navigation tool between threads is no longer available (sorry), but the "new since your last visit" option is still available--click on the "Find" tab at the top

3) There is no "heading" option for each individual post or reply, but you can always create your own by bolding the first line of your post (as I've done on this post)

4) The gray text is also outside our administrator abilities, but our webmaster will also take a crack at making that more readable

5) The pop-up window for posting has been enlarged

6) As for the front page change, the @TDCAANews Twitter feed is up now and will be ported into the front page sometime in the next two weeks. It will include the same content as the old "Issues in Prosecution" and it will allow us to post even more stories than before thanks to simplifying the entry process on our end

Does that cover it? If there is anything I left out, let me know by replying.

Thanks for your patience, everyone!

[P.s. - This thread has been moved to the "Other" category]

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since TDCAA has gone to a Twitter format for news stories, I'm out of luck. My agency bars access to Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Janette A

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems that the message count has changed - I used to have >1000 messages and I'm back under. What happened to the lost messages, and how do we know which ones have gone missing (or do we even care)?

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P.S.
When I click on "User forums" tab in the bar from any other page than the home page, it still goes to a Time Warner search engine page, not the user forums.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gretchen:
It seems that the message count has changed - I used to have >1000 messages and I'm back under. What happened to the lost messages, and how do we know which ones have gone missing (or do we even care)?

Posts that have been deleted no longer "count" toward your total. I think I flipped that switch accidentally, but I'm going to leave it as-is unless someone really cares.

posted Hide Post
hey, you moved this thread, didn't you?

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnR:
hey, you moved this thread, didn't you?

Yep.

Oh, and I forgot this change:

7) The categories have been re-arranged with some of the more popular ones (juvenile, appellate) moved up.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Another new doo-dad:

8) You can now attach documents and other attachments on certain threads; experiment with it and then give us your feedback on this thread!

posted Hide Post
Testing the attachment.

Imagepants_on_the_ground.jpg (49 Kb, 4 downloads)

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Quick button test:

Big Grin
Red
bold
italics
strikethrough
    lists lists lists

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Image test

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shannon Edmonds,

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Trying movie again ...

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Now we're cooking with gas!!

posted Hide Post
Fun!Fun!Fun!

Squirrel!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shannon Edmonds:
Another new doo-dad:

8) You can now attach documents and other attachments on certain threads; experiment with it and then give us your feedback on this thread!

Awesome! I've been wanting this!

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J Ansolabehere:
Since TDCAA has gone to a Twitter format for news stories, I'm out of luck. My agency bars access to Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Janette A

But your agency HAS a Twitter feed. Does that mean you can't follow your own agency?!?

That's silly.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shannon Edmonds:
quote:
Originally posted by J Ansolabehere:

Janette A

But your agency HAS a Twitter feed. Does that mean you can't follow your own agency?!?

That's silly.

I find that most state agencies are pretty silly on many levels.

Posts: 114 | Location: Bryan, Texas, USA | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem with people spending too much time--and bandwith--browsing Twitter, Facebook, My Space, mail programs, etc. So IT blocks access to these programs as well as streaming media programs like Hulu, etc. Annoying, but understandable.

Janette A

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mad

Grrr. These yellow stickies that never change color are really getting on my nerves. I thought when we first switched over that one of the two columns of stickies (why are there two???) DID turn white if I'd read that topic. Now, they're all yellow, all the time. Both columns.

Posts: 114 | Location: Bryan, Texas, USA | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post