TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Other    Feedback on new forum
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feedback on new forum Login/Join 
posted
What happened to the headings?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
They were guillotined.

Our user forum contractor has upgraded us to a new system because they no longer support the ancient bulletin board system we have been using for all these years. Please be patient with us as we all figure out how this new toy works.

Thanks!

Posts: 2423 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotta say, I'm not a fan of the changes, especially the fact that the forum opens in a new window when you click on it from the home page.

P.S. Even though the site told me I was logged on, I still had to enter my username & password to post this reply.

Posts: 90 | Location: Lockhart TX | Registered: January 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you click on "user forums" from anywhere other than the main site, it takes you to a Time Warner search. There are some broken links. I assume those will be fixed at some point during this upgrade, but in case they hadn't figured it out, thought I'd mention it.

I also miss individual headings, but I am curious about "karma" in your individual profile settings. Smile

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, since that previous reply was my first reply in the new format, I didn't realize it then, but I really like the way the replies are done (pop-up window so you can see the thread at the same time, rather than having to scroll down to the bottom of the reply window) and that the page is automatically updated (sometimes it wasn't).

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The formatting buttons don't work, but I like the additional UBB codes that we can use. I'm not sure whether the idea of photo albums is all that great. I'm looking forward to the "ignore" feature.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it would be great if we could attach a document to a reply. I know I could probably link to dropbox or something, but I'm cheap and out of space on there.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is soooo much fun. Smile As with anything new I think we will adjust.

Actually, I just wanted to see how this worked myself.

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Yes, the shortcut buttons are inoperable right now; that's frustrating us all.

Please keep posting bugs and other problems on this thread so we can address all of them at one time next week. (Sorry, but the holiday weekend will delay that work.)

I find I miss the next/previous buttons that used to be at the top and bottom of each page.

Posts: 2423 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did like having the one button for the "new since your last visit" and hope it makes a comeback.

Posts: 108 | Location: Wichita Falls, TX | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I miss the previous and next also. I do not find this setup user friendly at all.

Posts: 419 | Location: Abilene, TX USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it my imagination, or did the text in the user forums used to be black? Now it appears kind of grayish, making it slightly harder to read.

posted Hide Post
It is not your imagination!!! It is very diffcult to read. I also do not like the twitter feed instead of the topics that used to be there on the front page. Reading the clippings of newspapers were better and more interesting.

Posts: 419 | Location: Abilene, TX USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I give up! How do you locate the most recent posts? Do you have to go topic by topic?

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pkdyer:
It is not your imagination!!! It is very diffcult to read. I also do not like the twitter feed instead of the topics that used to be there on the front page. Reading the clippings of newspapers were better and more interesting.

I agree--I do not like the Twitter Feed and would prefer the news feed on the front page.

Posts: 108 | Location: Wichita Falls, TX | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Sparks:
I give up! How do you locate the most recent posts? Do you have to go topic by topic?

As far as I can tell, you have to go topic by topic. I'm hoping if someone has figured out an easier way, they will post it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Versel:
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Sparks:

As far as I can tell, you have to go topic by topic. I'm hoping if someone has figured out an easier way, they will post it.

I think the sticky note icon on the far left is yellow when there is a new post within a topic.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gretchen:
I think the sticky note icon on the far left is yellow when there is a new post within a topic.

That's the idea, but they're all yellow for me.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Versel:
quote:
Originally posted by pkdyer:

I agree--I do not like the Twitter Feed and would prefer the news feed on the front page.

Thirded- If I wanted to read twitter, I'd got to twitter.

(I don't go to twitter.)

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that it looks cleaner, but agree that the bugs are driving me nuts.

Posts: 19 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post