TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Other    Que Padre?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Que Padre? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Yes, Yes and Yes. Can you sing the rap songs too?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes, i can rap . . . as well as you'd expect a short caucasian to rap.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! I hadn't considered the rap/hip hop angle, but with David on the mic we would just need someone with the title "DJ" in front of some contrived, shortened slang nickname to do some scratching and act like they're disinterestedly spinning LPs and we're (as Otter said in Animal House) "in like flint." For the nostalgia set, how about a little Ton Loc or, taking it back real old school, some Sugar Hill Gang? "Hotel, motel, Holiday Inn ...."

Me, I'm just here to help out as only a wannabe three-chord hack can do. But, David, I will even "cut my hair and change my name" if it will help out.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how about "walk this way" for cross-over appeal?

and who could pass up rapper's delight? i said a hip hop a hippy to the hip hip hop you don't stop a rockin' to the bang bang boogie say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogidy beat.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
yes, i can rap . . . as well as you'd expect a short caucasian to rap.

Great! I love the Beastie Boys!

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Brass Monkey."

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how about "reminiscing" by the little river band (or "lady" for that matter)?

or, chuck mangioni (theme from "cannonball run")?

or boz scaggs?

posted Hide Post
Scott, he might have something there: "Lido" - Boz Scaggs, from Urban Cowboy. I believe you could belt that one out pretty well, brother.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Play more greasy gulf coast swamp blues.

posted Hide Post
Greg, you are now officially the lexicographer for our impending repertoire of greasy Gulf Coast swamp blues. I can't say I know enough of it to pass muster. Years back, I heard Steve Vai do a number called "Greasy Kid's Stuff." I don't think I can play it.

Out of concern for public health and safety, greasy Gulf Coast swamp blues isn't music to, uh, consume sherry by, is it?

If I understand correctly, we have suggestions ranging from conventional classic rock to Homer and Jethro to Little River Band. Add in Devo and the circle will be complete.

posted Hide Post
Steve Vai plays too fast to play greasy Gulf Coast swamp blues. I'll send you some.

posted Hide Post
"the girl you want" or "through being cool" by devo.

posted Hide Post
And if you're going to play devo, who went to high school with my wife, then YOU GOTTA play the B-52's Rock Lobster and Rock this place.

I don't think we have discussed disco yet. Boogie oogie oogie?

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 10-17-06 at .]

posted Hide Post
"Through Being Cool" is excellent. So is "Rock Lobster." And how about Joe "King" Carrasco's "Party Weekend"?

In the disco vein, maybe Sarah can sing Donna Summer's "Bad Girls."

posted Hide Post
i shudder to think who will do the "toot toot, ah, beep beep"?

how about a song by the "New Christy Minstrels"?

posted Hide Post
"Follow the Drinkin' Gourd" -- New Christy Minstrels, Greg could tear the drums up on that one.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are we slowly making our way back to the Kingston Trio?

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Sparks:
Are we slowly making our way back to the Kingston Trio?

Not unless you can sing harmony, Ken!

posted Hide Post
How 'bout bongos, Ken? A.P.'s been wanting to get into that kind of thing. Or cowbell (then we could do "Don't Fear the Reaper").

posted Hide Post
i already called dibs on cowbell for don't fear the reaper.