TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Other    User forum disclosures
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

User forum disclosures Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Maybe a separate secure area could be provided where only members of TDCAA could go.

Of course, I have no idea if this is technically possible, since I am severely techno-backwards.

Posts: 71 | Location: Henderson, Texas | Registered: June 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Thank all of you for your replies (except you, Brumley -- discussing my delicate sensiblities in public has offended my ... well, my delicate sensibilities).

Past experiments with "closed" or "member-only" forums have withered on the vine due to lack of interest. I don't think we will be doing that again. If you have a sensitive question, please call or email our research attorney -- that's what he/she is for. We'll leave the super-secret skullduggery to the defense lawyers' website.

Keep an eye out for other website-related queries in the future; some big changes could be coming over the next year ... Wink

Posts: 2423 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well Shannon, to retaliate against Brumley, might I suggest posting his picture prominently around the TDCAA website? He could become the face of TDCAA. Big Grin

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That truly would be the ugly side of prosecution.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shannon, I can only assume that your somewhat crytic promise of change includes awarding prizes for the many "firsts" that happen right here on the TDCAA website. Free caps, umbrellas and coozies. That's what we need.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice try, John, but being the first to hit 3000 posts does not entitle you to a free hat.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been lurking for quite awhile now, and have learned a lot about how this system works. I am a defendent in a criminal case. My lawyer is very busy, and doesn't have time to answer all my questions. When the time comes to accept or reject a plea bargain, or when the time comes when I need to decide wether to go to trial, I need to make the most informed decision possible. In terms of court procedure and the way all the people involved in my case have prior knowledge on how to prosecute and how to defend my case, I believe I have a right to research both sides of my case. I know most people don't, they just trust their lawyers to work in their best interests. However, there are just too many aspects and considerations, and they simply don't have the time to advise their client of everything that's going on. And so I need to find out as much information as I can. So far I've realized the attitude towards criminals of my nature and it has tempered my inclination fight. I would love to hear some feedback on this, as I'm not sure how browsing a DA bulletin board is illegal or harmful.

Thanks

Posts: 1 | Location: Katy, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prosecutors are ethically prohibited from speaking with or giving advice to defendants represented by defense counsel.

"Welcome to the TDCAA Bulletin Boards. The discussions in these user forums are for the benefit of prosecutors and their staff members, although we welcome relevant and appropriate input from other members of the criminal justice and government lawyer community. These forums are NOT a source of legal advice for citizens. Call the State Bar of Texas (1-800-204-2222) for information on seeking legal advice."

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post