TDCAA Community
Salary Consequences - amendment to pay elected officials no more than teachers

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/457098965/m/9571093812

March 01, 2011, 13:33
nicbishop
Salary Consequences - amendment to pay elected officials no more than teachers
Any thoughts on how this might impact district and county attorney's and their assistants? I can't think of anything good.

82R5205 MCK-D
By: Larson H.J.R. No. 71

A JOINT RESOLUTION
proposing a constitutional amendment to set the maximum salary of certain elected public officers.
BE IT RESOLVED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
SECTION 1. Article XVI, Texas Constitution, is amended by adding Section 32 to read as follows:
Sec. 32. The annual salary for an elected public officer in this state, other than a member of the judiciary, may not exceed the average salary paid to a full-time classroom teacher in the five school districts in this state with the largest enrollments for the preceding school year as determined by the comptroller of public accounts.
SECTION 2. This proposed constitutional amendment shall be submitted to the voters at an election to be held November 8, 2011. The ballot shall be printed to permit voting for or against the proposition: "The constitutional amendment to set the maximum salary for certain elected public officials in an amount equal to the average salary paid to a full-time classroom teacher in the five school districts in this state with the largest enrollments."

[This message was edited by nashort on 03-01-11 at .]
March 02, 2011, 08:29
pkdyer
I wonder if we will get 2 weeks off at Christmas, 1 week for Spring Break, about 3 months off in summer, and the various other extended holidays. I believe teachers deserve a decent salary, but given the amount of days they work I think others salaries should be adjusted up for working full time.
March 03, 2011, 08:39
Shannon Edmonds
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.