TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Juvenile Practice Manual Recommendations?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Juvenile Practice Manual Recommendations? Login/Join 
posted
Hi,
I'm looking for a good juvenile practice manual to help with prosecuting the juvenile cases in our district. We have the TDCAA one, but are looking for a more in-depth practice manual.

We had a great book that we called our Juvenile Bible, but it has been misplaced and I don't know who published it. It was quite out of date (2004) and had a deep purple color.

Does anyone know the book I'm describing? If so, can you tell me who publishes it so we can order a new up to date one?
Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a solid, in-depth practice manual for juvenile prosecutions? I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks,
Merissa Muery
Val Verde County

Posts: 3 | Location: TX | Registered: October 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I concur with Stacy's recommendation - which is Robert Dawson's Texas Juvenile Law (and the cover is now red). I also found Vol 29 of the Texas Practice Guide (by Tom Morgan and Hal Gaither)very useful sometimes - but it's a LOT more expensive. Also you should join the Juvenile Law Section of the State Bar of Texas because the information and newsletter from them is invaluable in keeping up with legislative changes and case law updates.

Posts: 113 | Location: Houston, Texas,USA | Registered: October 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post