TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Photograph Lineups
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photograph Lineups Login/Join 
posted
Are there any confidentiality issues with supplying law enforcement with pictures of detained juveniles to use as the dummies in a photo array?

Posts: 77 | Location: Montgomery County, Texas | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you may have an issue. Only limited circumstances for law enforcement to take a pic under 58.002 and 58.0022. If taken for probation department files, you have issue under 58.007(b).

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe there are definite confidentiality issues with displaying photos of juveniles. Law enforcement officers I worked with in Midland came up with two options. If it is an older teen, you can often find young looking adult booking photos to use. For the younger teens, they would hand the witness the school yearbook to flip through.

Posts: 26 | Location: Andrews County | Registered: April 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post