TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Tattoo Who
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tattoo Who Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone been in a situation where one juvenile (16) tattoos another juvenile (14)? What is the offense? Health and Safety Code refer to tatooist performing the act. Any suggestions?

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out chapter 146 of the Health & Safety Code. It is a Class A misdemeanor to perform tattoos without a license, etc.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The year before last I had a juvenile with a brand new gang tattoo. I prosecuted him for drugs and told the mom (and the probation officer) that he needed to get the tattoo removed. The only tattoo violations that I know of are Health and Safety Code Sections 146.012 (conditions under which a minor can get a tattoo), 146.002, (license requirements to produce tattoos) and 146.018 (makes a violation of either of the above a Class A Misdemeanor and therefore delinquent conduct). You should be able to prosecute both of the juveniles with these sections.

Posts: 30 | Location: Galveston, TX | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post