TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Juvenile Criminal Histories
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Juvenile Criminal Histories Login/Join 
posted
Today, a girl who had been on Deferred Probation for an Assault called our probation department. She had applied for a job at a nursing home and was rejected because they found her juvenile record. Our probation office called the nursing home and the administrator said she got the info on the INTERNET from the DPS criminal history records. The nursing home subscribes to the service of DPS to have access. Now, I know that certain businesses (like nursing homes) probably are required to screen their applicants and probably have access to records of adults. I had no idea that these supposedly "confidential" juvenile records were accessible so easily. Can anyone help with info on this? It is incredibly odd to me. Aren't these records supposed to be separate from the adult records at DPS? I'm looking for answers. Thanks.

Posts: 33 | Registered: July 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DPS can release that info to certain agencies. Check Family Code Section 58.106 and Government Code Section 411.083.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post