TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Illegal Young'un
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Illegal Young'un Login/Join 
posted
I looked but didn't see anything right on point.

Have a 15yo male illegal who committed burg of hab yesterday. He's been here since June. Staying with his illegal Aunt who has no legal guardianship over him.

He's detained, but ICE (Beaumont) says they only have ONE agent for the whole region and can't even think about my kid for over a month.

Can't release him to Aunt. CPS says they won't get involved with placement.

Kid says he's here to make $$$ to support Mom and sibs back in Mexico so he's not going to attend school (was working as laborer at time of offense).

Our only real thought at this point is TYC.

JPO was told by CPS of some boys homes on the border that take kids like this then work to reunite them with their parents in Mexico. Anyone ever heard/worked with these entities?

Any thoughts welcomed.

Thanks. John.

Posts: 26 | Location: Nacogdoches, Texas, USA | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be calling the news media and the consulate. (CPS has contacts where they can return a child to the parents via their counterpart in Mexico - but I'm not surprised they won't help.)

Posts: 113 | Location: Houston, Texas,USA | Registered: October 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post