TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Interagency agreements under FC 58.0051
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interagency agreements under FC 58.0051 Login/Join 
posted
I have a local school district that would like to know the identity of evey child enrolled in its district that is "at risk" as defined by Educ. Code Sec. 29.081(d)(8). In short every juvenile who is on parole, probation, deferred prosecution or other conditional release is considered at risk. The District wants to know because they are required to provide special attention to "at risk" students.

They should know about kids adjudicated for offenses covered by C.C.P. 15.27. However, what about all the kids being supervised for delinquent conduct not covered by 15.27? Is the District simply out of luck?

Or, is an inter-agency agreement under FC 58.0051, between school districts and juvenile probation, a possible solution?

I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter and if anyone has an existing interagency agreement I would appreciate a copy of that, too.

I can be reached at johannes@intertex.net

Thanks

Posts: 158 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post