TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    juvenile contempt of court in JP court
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

juvenile contempt of court in JP court Login/Join 
posted
CCP Art. 45.050(c)(1) provides that "if a child fails to obey an order of a justice or municipal court under circumstances that would constitute contempt of court, the justice or municipal court ... may refer the child to the appropriate juvenile court for delinquent conduct for contempt ...."

If a child is disrespectful / disruptive during a JP court proceeding (profanity, disrespect to JP, etc), may a JP court find the juvenile in contempt & enforce under this provision?

Posts: 15 | Location: Kerrville, Texas, USA | Registered: March 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is MHO that 45.050 pertains to contempt in the sense of failure to comply with a dispositional order (complete 10 hours of CS) and not direct contempt (disrupting/cursing).

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know this was posted a long time ago, but I just recently had the same scenario where a juvenile was being disruptive and not following the judge's or the bailiff's commands in a failure to attend school hearing in JP court, and I filed it in juvenile court as 38.13 Hindering Proceedings by Disorderly Conduct.

Posts: 1 | Registered: September 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post