TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    juvenile warrants
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

juvenile warrants Login/Join 
posted
Any legal restriction on Sheriff posting juvenile warrants on County website? Juvenile probation concerned.

Posts: 23 | Location: Rockport, Texas USA | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what you mean by juvenile warrants. In Family Code � 52.015 they are called "Directive to Apprehend". You need to look at Tex. Fam. Code � 58.005 for laws on confidentiality of juvenile records. And finally, Tex. Fam. Code � 58.007(h) provides when information about the juvenile can be released to the public.

Posts: 2 | Location: El Paso, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in the day, we did juvi warrants like adult warrants because thats the only way to get them into TCIC/NCIC and its still an option (52.01a2) that is available today but I don't think many folks use it, but I could be wrong.

Sheriff should not post on line unless he has leave of the juvnile court (58.007h)or prior approval of the juvi board. DPS can also release under 58.106 c and d.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post