TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Release of Juvenile Information
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Release of Juvenile Information Login/Join 
posted
I have received a call from a Marine recruiter asking for a copy of the petition and the motion to dismiss w/order concerning a young man who wants to join the Marines. My problem is can I release this to them. All there is the items I mentioned, but since this was a deadly conduct case the Corp is very insistant on knowing more facts surrounding this case.

James Krug

Posts: 2 | Location: Nacogdoches, Texas, USA | Registered: March 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They will have to file a motion just like everyone else or you can do it for them if they want it from you or the court. If they are willing to wait there is a special provision for them (58.106 TFC) to get some info direct from DPS but not petition. I have a motion that I have filed for release to military if you would like to have it.

Also,under 58.007(e)the child can get to the law enforcement records himself.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post