TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Juvenile Law    Jurisdiction of a 17 y.o. on adult probation?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jurisdiction of a 17 y.o. on adult probation? Login/Join 
posted
A 16 y.o. busts up a patrol car in November. He turned 17 the next month. I do not get the offense report until April (have no idea probably something to do with hunting or fishing). I file the petition and later realize that the kid committed a misdomeanor while an adult and is now on adult probation. Have I lost the jurisdiction to get a court to order restitution for the patrol car?

Posts: 8 | Location: Wharton, Texas, USA | Registered: May 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No you just have to get the petition filed and his probation/restitution over by 18.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Stacey!

I could not find anything that said otherwise. The juvi probation dept. believes they cannot proceed. I did not think that made sense but then again we're dealing with juvenile law. Thanks again.

Posts: 8 | Location: Wharton, Texas, USA | Registered: May 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post