TDCAA Community
55.51 Lack of Responsibility

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5253022042/m/6463036057

October 15, 2003, 07:45
Robert S. DuBoise
55.51 Lack of Responsibility
Looking for an example of an order sending to MHMR for 90 day period pursuant to Tex. Fam. Code 55.52 when the Court finds that the juvenile is not responsible for conduct at the time of the offense.

Any help would be appreciated.

Robert S. DuBoise
Assistant District Attorney
Parker County, Texas
(817) 598-6124
(817) 599-7628 Fax
rduboise@sbcglobal.net
November 13, 2003, 11:02
Kris Moore
Contact Brian Fischer. He's a defense attorney in Houston and we have worked long and hard on these kinds of cases. Brian got with the attorneys at MHMRA and has copies of forms that meet their requirements (and believe me, they go over it with a fine tooth comb. It seems to me they put more effort in keeping/getting the kids out of their system than they do in helping them! but that's another story). Brian has the forms on the computer and will Email them to you or put them on a disk for you. (I could get a copy of the forms, but it would involve finding an old case that had what we wanted and getting it back from the warehouse, Brian can get it faster). Contact Brian at (713) 520 7500 or email at bjflaw@hotmail.com. I normally would feel bad about sending you to a defense attorney, but not in this case, I've worked with Brian on these forms and I know they are the best. As with any forms, of course, sometimes you have to adapt them to your particular circumstances. If you need to contact me, feel free to do so, I'm at the Harris County DAs office and the number in the juvenile division is (713) 755 5874.
June 07, 2004, 16:23
Kris Moore
I have also discovered some good looking forms in the Texas Practice Guide, Volume 29. They are new, and they are in the pocket parts/supplement booklet. The Guide is from Tom Morgan, former prosecutor from Midland and Hal Gaither, former prosecutor and judge from Dallas. Gaither, in particular really knows his stuff when it comes to mental health issues (Tom probably does too, but I know of cases Gaither handled in the area. Also, Gaither has been a speaker on this topic several times at various state bar seminars). You might look at these forms.