TDCAA Community
insurance company requests

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5253022042/m/6621044611

February 01, 2006, 11:56
klegore
insurance company requests
An insurance company wants to know the names and address information for some juvenile's parents - to sue them civilly for a burglary of a vehicle charge. This office orders out of pocket expenses to the victim (deductibles usually), but does not order reimbursement to insurance companies. Can a prosecutor's office give those names and information to the insurance company?
February 01, 2006, 11:59
Stacey L. Brownlee
NO !

Tell them to tell their attorney to file a motion under Chapter 58.

There are lots of prior posts with the section numbers, including one on military requests.
February 02, 2006, 09:19
Debra Mergel
I agree. I tell the insurance rep that I cannot release information on a juvenile case, and cite the section of the Family Code -- 58.007(b)(5)--that allows the company to petition the juvenile court for the information.

Most recently, one company asked and received my standard answer. Several weeks later a different rep called. I referred him to my previous conversation with the other rep.

What part of "NO" don't they understand?!
February 07, 2006, 16:58
Kris Moore
When the insurance companies call us, we tell them we cannot give them the information, but that we CAN give it to the victim. Our judges have a written order in effect allowing us to give certain information to the victim in order to pursue a civil suit for restitution and damages. If the insured victim calls and requests it, we give the victim the juvenile's parents names and addresses - but not phone numbers. The insurance companies can always get the information from their insured.